– There are many lodging rooms available in Dickinson! As the oil traffic and activity temporarily subside, the number of available rooms at more affordable rates continues to increase in Dickinson. Take advantage of this opportunity and book your stay now! Call to find out what packages and special rates are available for your vacation needs.
- The Candlewood Suites hotel opened in Dickinson in April of 2015. This new, mid-scale brand facility offers 80 rooms and is located just north of I-94 at Exit 61.
- Are you planning a meeting or convention in SW North Dakota? Contact the Dickinson Convention & Visitors Bureau and let us help you locate rooms and negotiate rates!
What’s New In Town
– Dickinson is pleased and excited to be home to a variety of new grocery stores, restaurants and specialty coffee shops! Among these are Buffalo Wild Wings, Godfather's Pizza, Jimmy John's, Schlotzky’s, Qdoba Mexican Grill, Cinnabon, Starbucks, City Brew Coffee, Dunn Bros Coffee, and The Rock Expresso! To find more information on these new establishments, go to www.visitdickinson.com
Dickinson Museum Center
Are you looking for a way to spend an afternoon? Stop by the Joachim Regional Museum located at the Dickinson Museum Center to see their newest exhibit: Dakota Diversions: A Look Back at Leisure
Our primary emphasis for the exhibit stems from our enormous collection of historical photographs from the Southwestern North Dakota Digital Archive at the Dickinson Museum Center. These images demonstrate a long tradition of people hard at play over the years, from hobbies to sports, relaxation to competition, in our leisure we’ve revealed what kind of people we truly are. Next time you have a spare moment, spend some of your leisure time with us at the Joachim Museum.
Erick Noble, Museum Assistant
The Dickinson Convention & Visitors Bureau
has new items in the gift shop! New North Dakota Legendary t-shirts have arrived and more items are on the way for the start of the 2015 summer season! Stop by our shop and browse through the many North Dakota products we offer.
The CVB recently held a Facebook gift drawing where users were encouraged to LIKE and SHARE a CVB photo to have their names placed in a drawing for a box of gift shop items. Our post reached 48,000 people via Facebook, and received over 800 responses! Social media continues to be an excellent tool for bringing the world to The Western Edge!
Planning your next adventure? The Calendar of Events for the 2015 year can be found on our website at www.visitdickinson.com. There are events for the whole family here on The Western Edge. You can also access our blog, social media links, and get ideas for conventions, meeting spaces, regional attractions, and much more - all in one convenient location! Check us out online.
Department of Commerce Bill Heard - ND Tourism Division HB 1018, was heard before the Senate Appropriations Committee on Thursday, March 19. The bill is the appropriation for the Department of Commerce and Tourism Division and contains the Governor’s recommended increases for tourism, which includes $1 million in one-time funding to be used for expanded regional marketing; $750,000 in continued one-time funding for major tourism infrastructure grants; and $247,000 in ongoing funding for international marketing. Terri Thiel, Dickinson CVB, and Searle Swedlund, Jamestown Tourism, testified on behalf of TAP (Tourism Alliance Partnership) in support of this bill. Letters of support from tourism industry stakeholders were also submitted by TAP in support of HB 1018.
Western Edge 2014 Stats
The CVB welcomes new staff member, Joel Walters. Joel joined the CVB staff as full time Administrative Assistant/Visitor Services in January of 2015 and has worked here part time since 2004. Prior to joining us, Joel taught at Dickinson State University.
Joel's duties include handling financial and office records, visitor assistance, statistical data, press releases, and content publications.
The North Dakota Tourism
website offers a wealth of information on the beatufiul state of North Dakota. This comprehensive and interactive site will help you plan your ND getaway complete with information on lodging, attractions, recreation, maps, and guides for cities all across the state - and much more! You can also sign up for their e-newsletter and experience what makes North Dakota truly 'Legendary'! Find it all at www.ndtourism.com
The City of Dickinson is proud to host the Bakken Oil Product and Service Show
on April 15 & 16, 2015 at the West River Ice Center. This event is expected to bring nearly 1000 delegates to Dickinson, and will host over 280 vendors.
2015 Old Red Old Ten Scenic Byway Enhancements Project
An alternative to interstate travel is the 108 mile byway which provides a relaxing, interesting, and historical drive between Mandan and Dickinson. The Old Red Old Ten Scenic Byway, consisting of nine communities and two counties, has begun their second major marketing enhancement phase.
Both Stark County and Morton County commissioners have approved a total of $10,000 for projects that include:
Fun Facts About Dickinson
- Mobile web site
- Additional brochures
- Partnership with Ft Lincoln Information Center with a talking trail sign and kiosk
- Additional logo confidence signs along the rural roads
- Additional historical information added to the current web site
5 Quick Tips for Time Management
- Dickinson is named after Wells Dickinson, a New York state senator (1872-1875) who later in life was in charge of the Northern Pacific Railroad Company's land grants.
- Calamity Jane was a former resident of Dickinson, ND.
Dickinson Convention & Visitors Bureau
72 E. Museum Dr.
Dickinson, ND 58601
- Take the first 30 minutes of every day to plan your day. Don't start your day until you complete your time plan.
- Any activity or conversation that is important to your success should have a time assigned to it.
- Block out other distractions like Facebook and other forms of social media unless you use these tools to generate business.
- Carry a schedule and record all of your thoughts, conversations, and activities for a week. This will help you to understand how much you can get done during the course of a day and where your precious moments are going. Always keep a planner on hand to reference so that you know what is next and so that you will always be on time.
- Remember that it's impossible to get everything done. Also, remember that odds are good that 20 percent of your thoughts, conversations, and activities produce 80 percent of your results.